Field VM Manager (Maternity Cover)
An opportunity has arisen to join our VM Team as a Field VM Manager on a maternity cover basis. As the Field VM Manager you will work with the Head of Visual Merchandising, providing creative direction and focus to support the Visual Brand Strategy, company refresh programme, Creative VM Masterclass programme and Model Store process. You will give creative and inspiring visual guidance to the VM Field team & stores, promoting a positive and innovative Brand image.
You will be responsible for the Visual Merchandising training and sustainability plan, delivering exciting and inspirational customer focused visual compliance in the Matalan stores, in line with the critical path to support the Trading and Marketing plan.
Field VM Manager (Maternity Cover) – The role
- Working collaboratively with the Head of Visual Merchandising and head office teams, Supporting the VM field team in the delivery and execution of the Visual Merchandising training and sustainability plan.
- Support the agenda to deliver Excellence in Visual Merchandising through driving the Company Refresh programme, The Creative VM Training & Masterclass programme and Model Stores, providing innovation & consistency across all customer touch points in the store environment, that delivers against KPI's and customer expectations.
- Prepare and communicate the Model store VM validation, KPI reports and compliance across the Areas and all stores..
- Work with the Head of Visual Merchandising to ensure that the VM Strategy is delivering the requirements of the Customer Agenda in stores through First Class standards of product presentation and training, ensuring the Matalan Brand provides customers with an aspiring and inspirational shopping experience, making Matalan their destination Brand of choice.
- Deliver an aspiring and inspirational store experience, through excellence in Visual Merchandising training and sustainability which gives customers a reason to shop with Matalan as their number one destination of choice
- Drive the VM training and sustainability program to deliver the Regional Sales plan, managing the regional [retail] travel budget to ensure First Class standards of product presentation & consistency of store visits across the regions, understanding the Brand, retail and commercial priorities.
- Work with the Head of VM, head office teams & Retail Operations Managers to ensure the Visual Merchandising communication is ‘fit for purpose' providing feedback to improve the stores execution and customer experience.
- Manage & coordinate the Visual Merchandising Field Team to achieve all critical paths in the delivery and execution of the VM training and sustainability plan, providing feedback and regular updates to the Head of Visual Merchandising and Retail.
- Work with Store Development & Retail to ensure that all Refresh Stores & Store Operational requirements are fully supported across the areas, building the Matalan Brand whilst keeping the customer in the Heart and Mind of everything we do.
- Ensuring innovative and inspiring ways of working and Creative Visual Merchandising through Academy training across all model stores, training Area specialists and stores to deliver WGLL for the Brand
- Work with the VM Head Office teams to understand the product selection for all VM communication to support the commercial goals and support the Area Managers, Retail and field VM team on the delivery of the yearly model store VM calendar
Field VM Manager (Maternity Cover) – The Candidate:
- Significant experience in a similar role / environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible and resilient
- Strong organisational skills
- PC literate
- People focused and always willing to go the extra mile
- Can work on their own and as part of a team
- Excellent communicating & listening
- Time Management
- Self Motivated and positive
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.