Assistant Art Director
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join our Marketing team here at Matalan as an Assistant Art Director. As an Assistant Art Director you will assist with the planning and co-ordinating of all seasonal photo shoots and campaign development. You support the Art Director (Women's, Kids, Ecommerce) to drive a consistent brand message through all photography production for use across various formats, including: Instore, marketing, digital and PR. You will attend; support and Art Direct photo shoots as required.
Assistant Art Director – The role
- Attend and Art Direct photo shoots when required.
- Manage end to end all Ecommerce photography
- Maintaining and developing all Ecommerce photography style guides
- Works closely with the with the wider business (B&M) to understand requirements and present work
- Works with external production companies to ensure all photo shoot requirements are communicated and well executed
- Keep up to date with competitors, new photographers, hair and make-up artists, stylists and models
- Provide reference mood boards for the photo shoot.
- Provide comprehensive shot listing packs for photo shoot.
- Work with the styling team of product for each photo shoot where applicable
- Assist with image approval and post production processes/asset management
- Supporting the Art Director with the planning and co-ordination of all photo shoot requirements
- Working with the creative teams to formulate photo shoot ideas
- Liaise with B&M on styling requirements and samples for all required shoots
- Liaise with our external production company on upcoming shoots
- Liaise with external studios to brief still life and ecommerce photo shoot requirements
- Attend Photo shoots in place of the Art Director (Kids mainly) as and when required.
- Develop ideas for photo shoots in line with requirements and seasonal creative brief from the Art Director,including; Mood boards for studio or location ideas, styling guides, prop ideas, hair and makeup references
- Drive and manage all Still Life and Homeware photography from initial creative brief to final image selection and approval. In line with the requirements and seasonal creative brief, you will covering off the following:- Mood boards for studio or location set up ideas, styling guides and prop ideas
- Set the main seasonal and any specific collection style guides for Ecommerce photography. Briefing these out to the studio ensuring we are getting a consistent brand message through all photography production including styling and model selection when required. Review and amend when required to maintain brand consistency
Assistant Art Director – The Candidate:
- Bachelor's degree in Art Direction/design or equivalent
- Previous Art direction experience necessary preference Kids and ecommerce.
- Fashion and styling experience
- Team management experience
- Experience of the photo shoot production process preferred
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make quick decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- PowerPoint & Excel knowledge
- Excellent communication, presentation & influencing skills
- Creative Thinking with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a large commercial team.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.