We have a great opportunity to join our Finance Team here at Matalan as an Assistant Accountant. The role will provide an opportunity to take responsibility for coaching more junior members of the team and support the Finance Manager and wider team in the production and analysis of insightful management information. A key priority of the role will be to drive value and challenge across the business through the building of effective working relationships.
As a Premier Partner of CIMA, we are recognised for providing excellence in supporting lifelong professional development. The role comes with a full study support package to become a member of the Chartered Institute of Management Accounts. Your development will be a key priority for us and as well as completing your professional exams you will be guided through comprehensive personal development programmes, equipping you with the knowledge and skills to exceed expectations within your role and progress your career.
Assistant Accountant – The role
- You will be responsible for proactively building key relationships and acting as a business partner to a number of areas across the business, ensuring that there is transparency and a thorough understanding of the cost base.
- You will be responsible for delivering insightful, effective and timely financial information. A key focus will be on the analysis of the data and working alongside the business areas to understand the key drivers of cost.
- You will be encouraged to challenge costs and identify areas of opportunity to be more cost effective and maximise profitability, working with the business areas to put ideas into practice.
- You will be required to accurately account for costs associated with specific areas of the business in line with International Financial Reporting Standards.
- The role will include both the production and co-ordination of the teams deliverables in relation to financial planning. This will include both short and long term forecasts.
- You will be required to perform variance analysis in order to understand and explain why costs have out-turned differently to budget/prior year and follow through on any actions in order to mitigate impacts on the financial year's profitability.
Senior IT Project Manager – The Candidate:
- Minimum of 2:1 degree classification, academically strong and highly numerate.
- Part qualified CIMA student and commitment to continue to achieve full qualification.
- Ability to perform well as part of a team, working calmly under pressure and delivering to deadlines.
- Confident in managing changing priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Hard working and committed to deliver high quality work, exceeding expectations
- Strong interpersonal skills, confident and engaging when dealing with stakeholders.
- Demonstrates initiative and an eagerness to learn and develop personally, together with a desire to take on increasing responsibility in the workplace.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.