Digital Design Manager
Digital Design Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Digital Design Team as a Digital Design Manager. As the Digital Design Manager you'll produce, lead and oversee a range of digital creative for use across multiple formats, including online, email, social and affiliates. You are responsible for the whole end to end design of the website and content including home, landing pages, emails and app, delivering high impact creative; that meets the brief objectives and connects with our digital customers on multi devices. You will working closely with the Online Creative Marketing team and link with the UX and E-com teams. You will also work alongside the art director and offline creative team to develop seasonal campaigns, events and promotions through the digital channels.
Digital Design Manager – The role
- Produce, lead and oversee a range of creative artwork for use across multiple digital formats Including; online, email, social and affiliates.
- Responsible for the design and maintenance of the website content.
- You are proactive and have the ability to understand and take an initial brief to the next level, you deliver high impact digital creative ideas and concepts; that meet the brief objectives and connect with our digital customers.
- Work closely with the Creative Marketing team and Art Director to develop seasonal campaigns, events and promotions across digital channels.
- Ensure brand consistency whist innovating for the future.
- Provide work with accuracy against brief, you are an excellent communicator and confident in presenting work.
- Develops a deep understanding of the Matalan digital customer and ensures work is targeted accordingly
- Implements and helps develop digital brand guidelines for use across all digital channels.
- Works with the activity timeline and job management system to ensure all deadlines are achieved.
- Regularly reviews skill sets and new practises, keeping up to date with any new advances.
- Presents work when required.
- Manages and implements effective processes for the design and production of online and email work.
- Manages the Digital Design function and its team members, mentoring fellow designers.
- Works closely with the UX team to ensure all creative is inline with performance KPI's.
- Implements and helps develop the digital brand guidelines and works within the Brand and CRM strategy
Digital Design Manager – The Candidate:
- Previous Digital Design role with significant industry experience (retail preferable)
- You will be a digital native, feeling 100% at home in a digital world
- Well rounded design experience and best working practises across digital channels (ideally in a fashion environment).
- Experience in email design.
- Creative thinking in a lead role.
- Excellent knowledge of end-to-end digital design processes.
- Extensive experience of working with digital design briefs.
- Extensive brand guideline/guardian experience.
- Understanding of SEO.
- High level of technical proficiency in Mac OS and Adobe CC software.
- Excellent understanding of typography.
- Team management experience with the ability to lead/brief team members.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team skills.
- Collaborative; ability to develop strong relationships with suppliers and company departments.
- Problem solving skills
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.