Finance Graduate / Trainee Accountant – Financial Reporting & Treasury (Maternity Cover)
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Finance Team at Head Office as a Trainee Accountant in the Financial Reporting and Treasury Team to cover one of our colleague's maternity leave. As a Trainee Accountant you will produce up to date and accurate information regarding Finance and Treasury, get involved with the preparation of Management Accounts, Quarterly Investor reporting, Cash Flow management, Cashflow and Balance Sheet budgets and Year end Statutory Account preparation. As a key member of the Financial Reporting Team this individual will provide high standards of accuracy around month end, quarterly and annual reporting. The role will be a key point of contact for treasury related queries and will be a major point of contact for colleagues, auditors and external suppliers including banks.
Finance Graduate / Trainee Accountant – Financial Reporting & Treasury (Maternity Cover) – The Role
- Updating the daily cashflow forecast, working closely with the cash team to ensure everything is captured correctly.
- Work with the Treasury Accountant to present the movements to the monthly / annual cashflow in a weekly meeting to the Finance managers, along with investigation and analysis of cashflow variances to budget and implementing changes to continuously improve the cashflow models.
- Monthly production of the management accounts distributed both internally and externally, obtaining information from other finance and business wide teams.
- Assist the Treasury Accountant with the preparation of quarterly Q&A's for senior management to assist with the investor call.
- Assist with the preparation of the year end consolidated and individual company statutory accounts and financial statements, ensuring compliance with accounting standards and be involved in the interim and year end statutory audit process.
- Ownership of key cost areas within the P&L accounting for them correctly at month end, reviewing the costs incurred, future expected costs and reviewing / challenging any variances to budget. You will prepare half year and full year budgets for these P&L lines.
- Ownership of key balance sheet accounts, accounting for them correctly at month end, updating / challenging any variances to budget, and preparation of half year and full year budgets for these balance sheet accounts.
- Provide support to the team with the preparation of the Balance Sheet and Cashflow budgets.
- Ad hoc support to financial reporting & Treasury Manager, completing mandatory surveys required by the office for national statistics and being an administrator on our Finance system (Oracle) which includes user management and half yearly control testing.
- Effectively network with peers across the department and in the business in order to build effective working relationships and ensure that all deliverables are completed on time and to a high level of accuracy.
Finance Graduate / Trainee Accountant – Financial Reporting & Treasury (Maternity Cover) – The Candidate
- Minimum of 2:1 degree classification, or AAT qualified with experience in this area, academically strong and highly numerate.
- Ability to perform well as part of a team, working calmly under pressure and delivering to deadlines.
- Confident in managing changing priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Hard working and committed to deliver high quality work, exceeding expectations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, confident and engaging when dealing with stakeholders.
- Demonstrates initiative and an eagerness to learn and develop personally, together with a desire to take on increasing responsibility in the workplace.
Study support towards the CIMA qualification may be offered depending on the individual's situation.