HEAD PATTERN CUTTER - DESIGNER (GERBER)
My Designer based in East London is currently hiring for a Head Pattern Cutter.
The Head Pattern Cutter is interpreting my clients design ideas to a high technical standard and with a creative flare and
produces an accurate pattern while using different techniques (draping, flat pattern cutting & Gerber).
The Head Pattern Cutter should have an excellent knowledge in fit for the high-end market covering all product areas
including tailoring, draping, day & evening wear as well as jersey & knitwear.
The role requires to effectively overseeing all pattern work ensuring design and costumer requirements are met.
The Head Pattern Cutter works closely with the Design department, Atelier and Production team and manages a small team
of fulltime Pattern Cutters & Freelancers.
It is beneficial if the candidate has experience in size grading and good communication and interpersonal skills will be needed.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Work closely with the Design department to create patterns from an original sketch or by adapting existing styles
• Ensure the design brief is carried out correctly and the most appropriate construction methods are used
• Work confidently across all product areas
• Participate in fittings, address & solve issues on fit and amend patterns accordingly
• Assure a high level of accuracy and quality is achieved and cost friendly constructions are considered
• Respond to technical challenges in a proactive practical manner
• Organise & lead Production & PP sample Fittings
• Analyse fit & construction thoroughly after market, taking costumer requirements & Sales feedback into account
• Decide which relevant changes to the fit of a garment are required
• Adapt patterns accordingly
• Manage the complete grading process
• Ensure size & fit consistency across all product categories
• Support pattern cutting team through all stages of product development from design launch to bulk manufacturing
• Guide & train Junior Pattern Cutter & interns that assist the department during busy periods
• Communicate effectively with all teams & external freelancers
• Plan & book freelancers when required (Pattern Cutters, Graders, Models)
• Work towards a seasonal budget
• Look after technical pattern equipment, organise repairs / maintenance & Gerber software updates
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Excellent knowledge of pattern making, garment construction & finishings
• Strong technical but also aesthetical understanding for high-end market
• Exceptional attention to detail, shape & proportion
• EXPERT IN GERBER