GERBER PATTERN CUTTER - DESIGNER
CREATIVE PATTERN CUTTER - GERBER
My Womenswear Designer is currently hiring!
The Creative Pattern Cutter is responsible for interpreting my clients designs to a high technical standard with a creative
The role produces an accurate pattern on Gerber while using different techniques including draping.
The Creative Pattern Cutter should have an excellent knowledge in garment construction and fit for the high-end market
covering all product areas but focusing on soft separates & dresses.
The role works closely with the Design department & Atelier team.
At least 3 years experience of pattern cutting in woman’s wear and an interest in fashion is required.
Good communication and interpersonal skills will be needed.
It is essential that the candidate has experience on Gerber, preferably on V10.
• Work closely with the designers to create patterns on Gerber from an original idea
• Create patterns across all product areas focusing on soft shapes
• Apply attention to detail at all stages of development ensuring technical precision in a tasteful manner
• Be adept in comprehending new ideas and developing those successfully into the garment
• Participate in fittings, possess ability to see & solve issues on a garment and amend pattern accordingly
• Work closely with Technical Product Developers to ensure the best possible construction & finishing methods are
• Liaise with Atelier & Textile team to guarantee all pattern information is correct
• Oversee Junior Pattern cutter when required
PREPARATION FOR PRODUCTION
• Attend Production Fittings & PP Sample Fittings
• Adapt patterns to costumer requirements
• Prepare production patterns for grading
• Indicate additional annotations to each pattern for easier communication with external factories
• Take responsibility for your pattern work and the accuracy of the fit for each final sample
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Excellent knowledge of pattern making & garment construction
• Strong technical & aesthetical understanding for high-end fashion
• Knowledge of Gerber
• Able to read & enhance design ideas
• Very good eye for details
PLEASE NOTE MY CLIENT IS CURRENTLY OPEN TO BOTH FREELANCE AND PERM CANDIDATES.
Please email - Nataliesmith@freedomrecruit.com