Tailor/Seamstress - High End Drycleaners
My client are currently looking for a full time Tailor/Seamstress to work in their friendly environment at a well equipped family owned Dry Cleaning shop. Must have understanding of the following:
- · Press garments, using hand irons or pressing machines.
- · Record required alterations and instructions on tags, and attach them to garments.
- · Remove stitches from garments to be altered, using rippers or razor blades.
- · Assemble garment parts and join parts with basting stitches, using needles and thread or sewing machines.
- · Measure customers, using tape measures, and record measurements.
- · Let out or take in seams in suits and other garments to improve fit.
- · Maintain garment drape and proportions as alterations are performed.
- · Make garment style changes, such as tapering trouser legs, narrowing lapels, and adding or removing padding.
- · Measure parts such as sleeves or pant legs, and mark or pin-fold alteration lines.
- · Put in padding and shaping materials.
- · Repair or replace defective garment parts such as pockets, zippers, snaps, buttons, and linings.
- · Sew buttonholes and attach buttons in order to finish garments.
- · Take up or let down hems to shorten or lengthen garment parts such as sleeves.
- · Examine tags on garments to determine alterations that are needed.