Junior Merchandiser / Online Merchandiser - George.com – Ladieswear
Junior Merchandiser / Online Merchandiser - George.com – Ladieswear - eCommerce Merchandiser
About the role:
Merchandising at George isn’t just a job, it’s a career. It’s the chance to express your ideas, contribute as a team, be developed and make your mark in the world of fashion. At George we’re a team, we collaborate, we succeed together and when that happens the results speak for themselves. So if you’re looking for a role that’s more than just ‘the next move’ read on.
George.com is crucial in driving the business growth as part of the overall Multichannel Strategy. This is a hugely exciting opportunity to develop an in depth understanding of e-tail and being part of the delivering the overall business growth.
This is an exciting role within the Dot Com Trading Team. You will part be of building the Dot Com Trading strategy in Womenswear working closely with the Core Trading Teams on building the right range that meets the needs of the Online Customer.
Key Operational Accountabilities
- Support in managing department sales, basket, IPO, ASP and gross profit
- Range planning ‐ Correct mix of product / options / Customer choice for an on-line customer
- Working with the trading team to driven Online exclusive product
- Selection – ranking, setting buy quantities through Range build process
- Attributing key metric – Sales, stocks, Conversion, traffic, basket and IPO
- Manage markdowns within set budgets, to deliver agreed profit targets
- Managing Buys in line with seasonal budget through OTB process
- Drive Availability – working with Trading and Supply team to ensure strong availability
- To work with Supply and Distribution to ensure accurate stock flow
- To work with Creative and Marketing to drive the Trading and Activity calendar
- Driving the on site customer experience
- Continue to review competitors’ price strategy throughout season
- Gain an understanding of the on-line customer and share the knowledge with the core trading teams
What you’ll need:
Curious, analytical and commercially aware, you will have core or online Merchandise experience operating as a Junior Merchandiser or a strong Assistant Merchandiser ready to step up in your career. Your previous experience may be within a Store or Head Office environment and you will have your heart set on a career in Merchandising.
A natural team player with great communication skills you’ll be organised (a list writer!), methodical, ambitious with a strong desire to achieve. Key skills include:
- Previous experience within a core or online merchandising role
- Attention to detail with strong numerical, planning and analytical skills
- Experience with MS Office and Excel is essential
- Good team working skills – at the same time, you’ll be just as comfortable working on your own initiative
- Analytical approach, with the proven ability to collate and present data
- Ability to quickly grasp new systems and ways of working
- Strong organisation and administration skills and the ability to problem solve
- Ability to manage time and workloads with strong commercial acumen