Gerber Pattern Cutter - Designer
My client is a stunning luxury womenswear designer with the vision of womenswear that embraces both new and classic perspectives on elegance based in East London.ABOUT YOU
CREATIVE PATTERN CUTTER (Gerber)
The Creative Pattern Cutter is responsible for interpreting my clients designs to a high technical standard with a creative
The Creative Pattern Cutter should have an excellent knowledge in garment construction and fit for the high-end market
covering all product areas but focusing on soft separates & dresses.
At least 3 years experience of pattern cutting in woman’s wear and an interest in fashion is required.
Good communication and interpersonal skills will be needed.
It is essential that the candidate has experience on Gerber, preferably on V10.
The ideal candidate should posses the following skills & behaviours:
• Excellent knowledge of pattern making & garment construction
• Strong technical & aesthetical understanding for high-end fashion
• Knowledge of Gerber
• Able to read & enhance design ideas
• Very good eye for details
• Enthusiastic & passionate about new product innovations
• Keen interest in fashion
• A desire to learn & increase skill level
• Positive and solution focused attitude
• Effective team player
The role produces an accurate pattern on Gerber while using different techniques including draping.
The role works closely with the Design department & Atelier team.
• Work closely with the designers to create patterns on Gerber from an original idea
• Create patterns across all product areas focusing on soft shapes
• Apply attention to detail at all stages of development ensuring technical precision in a tasteful manner
• Be adept in comprehending new ideas and developing those successfully into the garment
• Participate in fittings, possess ability to see & solve issues on a garment and amend pattern accordingly
• Work closely with Technical Product Developers to ensure the best possible construction & finishing methods are
• Liaise with Atelier & Textile team to guarantee all pattern information is correct
• Oversee Junior Pattern cutter when required
PREPARATION FOR PRODUCTION
• Attend Production Fittings & PP Sample Fittings
• Adapt patterns to costumer requirements
• Prepare production patterns for grading
• Indicate additional annotations to each pattern for easier communication with external factories
• Take responsibility for your pattern work and the accuracy of the fit for each final sample
If you would like to apply for this position, please email your CV & Portfolio to Nataliesmith@freedomrecruit.com