New Town Partnership is delighted to be working with a leading online retail organisation – Freeze Pro Shop - to appoint their next Managing Director. Established in 2000 Freeze Pro Shop has a significant online presence within the ski, snowboard, surf and outdoor markets. Selling across multiple online channels and geographies they also have a bricks-and-mortar store based within their Edinburgh Head Office.
Empowered by the knowledge that the right equipment lets you enjoy more and go further, and born from a love of exploring the mountains and oceans, Freeze Pro Shop seeks to be a definitive global online retailer of ski, snow, surf and outdoor adventure equipment.
Freeze Pro Shop has significant international business, it is essential that the product range holds global appeal. This product expertise, considered online experience and exceptional customer service is at the core of what stands Freeze Pro Shop apart from its competition and is critical to the continued growth of the brand.
Freeze Pro Shop now seeks a new Managing Director to continue the Freeze Pro Shop journey. The successful candidate will take responsibility for developing the Business Strategy and Brand as well as continually improving the online platform, surrounding operational efficiencies and customer experience. This role must be focused on the necessary expertise, energy and passion required for the continued expansion in domestic and international markets.
As incoming MD, you will be expected to bring not just a personal passion for Freeze Pro Shop’s vision, but a significant commercial skill set within eCommerce and business leadership - ideally from an established, high-turnover (£10M+) online retailer. Essentially, you will understand and have experience of what it is to create a viable eCommerce strategy for a fast-growing, online, internationalised business. This will include the ability to manage and motivate a young and expanding team and a sure understanding of financial forecasting and management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Deliver sustainable growth, profitability and shareholder value.
- Understand the Freeze Pro Shop marketplace, trends, opportunities and risks both within winter sport, surf and outdoor and the eCommerce sector at large.
- Identify the strategic opportunities that exist across the business, prioritising these and implementing or delegating to the management team.
- Be responsible for future forecasting and budgeting for the entire business and each department.
- Define and monitor key business performance metrics.
- Provide inspirational leadership to the team, including necessary professional development.
- Create and implement a recruitment strategy to evolve and grow the team.
- Report to the Board as required and work in close contact with the key shareholders.
- Develop company policies and internal processes.
- Take the lead relationship with key partnerships within banking, key brands, marketing and Scottish Enterprise.
Freeze Pro Shop are ideally seeking a candidate coming from an established online retailer in the sports, cycle, outdoor or fashion sector with significant experience of growing an international eCommerce business.
You will be expected to have a minimum of 5 years eCommerce experience within retail as well as significant commercial leadership exposure through other roles. Robust analytical and problem-solving skills including shopper/market insight will be required. You must be able to present a track record of strong delivery against strategic aims and excellent interpersonal/leadership skills.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary in this Board-level appointment as well as a dynamic working environment. By taking the helm in this pivotal role you will have the opportunity to develop a brand into the next key stage of its journey. You will be required to work out of the Edinburgh HQ but with the flexibility to live in surrounding areas that offer the ideal opportunity for a major lifestyle shift and opportunity to explore Scotland’s excellent outdoor environment!
New Town Partnership is the exclusively retained advisor to the company for this search. All direct and third-party applicants will be forward to New Town Partnership. For a confidential conversation please contact Jane Gilchrist on 0131 210 0020 or apply online. All applications will be considered and acknowledged.
Apply for Managing Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly