Assistant Flagship Store Manager
The Assistant Flagship Store Manager is responsible for supporting the Store Manager in the running of a two-floor store (2,000 ft²), for a highly coveted contemporary luxury womenswear brand who are opening their first retail store in Mayfair. The objective is to drive business and consistently increase annual turnover in line with targets through exceptional clienteling providing a VIP customer service, first class customer experience and brand impression, maximising sales opportunities, skilled execution of KPI’s and leading by example in effectively motivating the team.
The successful candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience as an Assistant Store Manager for a luxury or contemporary brand, assisting the Store Manager in the day to day running of the store and in maximising sales opportunities demonstrating first class clienteling skills, a strong fashion instinct and flair for styling.
- Be aware of monthly and yearly sales forecasts and budgets. This to include expected footfall, conversion, revenue, returns and costs.
- Collaborate with Store Manager on ideas for marketing activity to maximize footfall and conversion.
- Follow up sold out options with Sales Admin and Merchandising to avoid lost sales.
- Ensure all available stock is on the shop floor and chase up replenishments.
- Support training, managing and developing of the sales team.
- Support management of staff motivation by suggesting creative incentives & follow up.
- Consistently maintain personal grooming standards and that of the team.
- Ensure all stock is ticketed correctly and conforms to VM standards.
- Help to merchandise stock on the floor to maximise selling opportunities and to reflect the visual aesthetics of the brand.
- Responsible for the accuracy of the EPOS and stock systems.
- Respond effectively and positively to customer questions and resolve issues on the floor.
- Ensure security procedures are followed to prevent stock loss.
- Maintain key consumer information, including recent purchases, key dates, etc.
- Liaise with Ecommerce Customer Service to ensure CRM data is accurate and complete across ecommerce and retail.
- Excellent selling skills and styling ability, leading by example and through training providing on the spot feedback.
- Interact with customers and act as role model for extraordinary service experience.
- Notify customers regarding new product arrivals that match their preferences.
- Communicate weekly sales results including footfall, conversion, ATV and revenue against forecast.
- Assistant Flagship Store Manager with at least 2 years’ Assistant Store management experience.
- Luxury or contemporary fashion experience preferable.
- Aptitude for styling, understated luxury taste level.
- Well spoken, confident, professional and personable attitude.
- Experience in supporting store and individual KPI targets.
- Ability to drive the delivery of a first-class customer experience representative of a luxury brand.
- Flexible to accommodate retail schedules such as weekends, evenings and peak trade periods.
- Proven experience looking after VIP clients.
- Proven experience building long-term customer relationships.
- A self-starter who takes the initiative and prefers a light touch management style.
- Experience assisting in managing budgets, targets and all store operations.
- Experience in writing trade reports.
- Ideally some experience in visual merchandising or display.
- Fluency in a foreign language an advantage.