Category Analyst | Retail
My client, a fashion house, selling clothing, footwear, perfume, leather goods, watches, eyewear and polo shirts.
This role will ‘Business Partner‘ the Global Category off calendar projects and own the Planning and Analysis process end to end. You need to be an analytical and pro-active individual who will work in the Global Category team to assist in the building of the future vision of the brand and react to current gaps in market.
- Responsible for standardised and ad-hoc Category reporting and analysis
- Create and maintain historical sales data reports to help identify risks and opportunities in the category range building.
- Able to identify improvements for reporting requirements through best practises sharing and maintain suite of reports.
- Set up excel reports for Regional team’s requirements to support Sales analysis and Regional forecasting at SCO level.
- Analyse quarterly sales data and produce and circulate appropriate sales analysis reports to support the measurement of the category performance.
- Review, analyse and measure Regional forecast to actual orders and report back findings to commercial and category managers.
- Create effective working relationships with commercial teams to gain continuous range and sales feedback
Needs to have
- Excellent Excel Skills and experience in Word and Powerpoint
- Reporting Ability
- Data base System experience advantageous
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to work in a multi-functional business
- Ability to work with commercial representatives
- Ability to work in a multicultural and multilingual business
Needs to be
- Team player
- Self-sufficient and comfortable working with a minimum of supervision
- Dedicated to maintaining high standards & accuracy
- Good communicator
- Pro-active, open-minded & have a flexible approach
- Very organised and able to prioritise & handle multiple tasks during working day
- Passionate with vision
Measures of success
- Key project deadlines met
- Appropriately communicates any risks and escalates where appropriate
- Seeks solutions and delivers better ways of working