My exclusive client now has a vacancy for a General Manager to join their national business, responsible for a large hospitality & leisure site in Middlesbrough.
My client is a national business within the hospitality & leisure industry.
As General Manager, you will be a driven, commercial leader with strong business acumen and a real passion for going above and beyond the customers expectations. This is a people-focused role and as such, you are responsible for recruiting, coaching and developing your team, ensuring the companies Brand Standards are always maintained.
You will have full responsibility of overseeing the unit including headcount of 80-120 staff, through effective and efficient management of a team of managers.
The successful General Manager will have the following demonstrable skills:
- Leadership experience within either of the following backgrounds - hospitality and catering, hotels, leisure, spa, food & beverage, retail area or large store management.
- Strong people management experience - has managed a team of managers previously or in current role.
- Ability to manage budgets and P&Ls and strategic planning.
- Proven track record in sales and of increasing profitability.
- Operational excellence.
- Excellent commercial acumen.
- Strong financial acumen with the ability to analyse and interpret.
- Great interpersonal and communications skills - verbal, written and listening.
- Confident and outgoing.
- Highly self-motivated with a positive attitude.
£40-45k basic salary DOE + company car + 50% bonus + pension + health care + flexible benefits.