Joining the retail team at our European head office, you will support and drive sales and profitability at store level for Nike Retail by creating, maintaining and delivering store level financial plans.
Tactical Business and Planning Management:
- Analyze weekly business trends at the store level, making adjustments to capitalize on opportunities and offset liabilities
- Maintain store plans ensuring sales are realistic, and inventory levels are set within acceptable sell through and capacity parameters
- Review store zonings, provide appropriate recommendations and monitor Productivity
- Re-forecast monthly and determine regional specific actions/adjustments to support sales and inventory issues
- Develop store plans that support the category plans as driven by the Business Planner
- Plan all financial merchandising components for all opening, closing, remodel stores while identifying capacity and financial impacts.
- Provide density and productivity change recommendations to optimize the business
- Conduct new store analysis and work with Product Presentation, Store Design and Operations teams to inform and influence the creation of floor plans for potential new stores.
- Identify, communicate and pro-actively plan +/- at the store level due to special events, calendar shifts and launches
- Communicate regularly with Territory Mangers to adjust store level plans and filter information back to the Planning and Allocation teams
- Communicate monthly to the Planning Team, store opportunities, upcoming events, closures, openings, remodels, etc
- Actively participate in creating a motivating work environment
- Actively participate in staff meetings and biz reviews
- Be responsible for the execution, maintenance and distribution of the weekly and monthly sales reports. Take ownership on improving reports in general and support business with standardizing reports and ad hoc reporting.
- Assist in implementing new Planning procedures, aligning the org with IT, involving new planning and merchandising tools. Bring modifications to the current model improving work efficiency and data analysis.
- 3 years’ experience in planning, allocation or buying in a multi-store environment.
- Exposure to complexities of doing business in a multi-currency environment and complex gross margin profitability planning.
- Retail math, financial planning and assortment planning skills with knowledge of automated planning systems including open-to-ship, distribution and reporting.
- Systems experience with planning tools, PCs, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Good analytical skills, detail-oriented and well organized
- Team player. Strong leadership & team management skills.
- Fluency in English (written and verbal).
- Strong communication and presentation skills.