Retail Admissions Manager (Guildford)
Retail + Admissions Manager, Guildford, £24,000 - £27,000, Gallery Experience, Immediate Start!
Our client, an incredibly renowned, popular experience venue based in Surrey, are looking to recruit a professional, hands on Manager to oversee their Retail/Admissions team. Based in a fantastic business centre/store in an incredibly scenic environment, this is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate!
Our client offer visiting tours/exhibitions of beautiful scenery, chapels, paintings and woodlands, alongside the opportunity to unwind and enjoy a lovely lunch/tea in a picturesque location. Due to their continued expansion, they are now seeking a Retail + Admissions Manager to join them on a full-time basis. In a nutshell, your responsibilities will include:
- Leading a full-time team of 7 Sales Assistants/Admissions Executives + a wider team of volunteers
- Ensuring that the operation runs as smoothly as possible, realising the full income potential of the Gift Shop + Admissions
- Ensuring all visitors are warmly welcomed and have a good awareness of the activities/experience on offer in order to maximise the enjoyment of their visit
- Ensuring the team respond swiftly and positively to all customer enquiries
- Managing the online ticketing system and taking a lead role in maximising system functionality and development
- Achieving and exceeding sales targets/identifying opportunities to drive further sales
- Recruiting and inducting staff, ensuring all team members are effectively trained in all processes
- Motivating, developing and supporting the team through regular coaching and feedback
In order to be considered for this position, it is ESSENTIAL that you have the following:
- Experience in managing a busy retail operation
- Passion for providing an incredible customer experience
- Demonstrable experience in effectively managing budgets
- Experience in delivering consistently high levels of visitor service through effective staff management
- Fun, enthusiastic personality
- 'Hands-on' approach to work (personality/attitude to 'muck in' and help on the shop floor with customers, when required)
In addition to a fantastic salary and incredible work location/surroundings, our client also offer fantastic working hours:
- 9.00am - 6.00pm 5 days a week (alternate weekends with days off in lieu)
Although not essential, any experience in managing a service/sales team within a gift shop/visitor attraction capacity would be very advantageous.
Our client are looking to move very quickly on this positions, so any interested candidates are urged to apply at their earliest convenience!