As Store Manager you will be accountable for the day to day running of a new 2.5 sq ft store managing a team of 8 ensuring profitability and productivity goals are achieved. The objective is to drive business and consistently increase annual turnover in line with targets through exceptional clienteling providing a VIP customer service, first class customer experience and brand impression, maximising sales opportunities, skilled execution of KPI’s and leading by example in effectively motivating the team.
The successful candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience as a Store Manager for a luxury or contemporary fashion brand and be a strong team player inspired to be part of the journey within a growing international contemporary brand.
- Responsible for the team achieving sales targets and ensuring profitability.
- Thorough awareness of figures including budget, targets and manager’s objectives.
- Control store operating costs within store budget and manage store profit plans by focusing on store sales and margin contribution.
- Lead the sales and service culture in store by achieving personal and store targets including UPT, Conversion, ATV, Data Capture, Personal Sales.
- Recruit, develop, train and motivate a high performing team to reflect the brand qualities. Support individuals through the training and development path. Succession planning to ensure individual career progress and retention.
- Ensure all staff have excellent KPI results and are regularly trained taking appropriate action to address performance issues where necessary.
- Lead by example and comply correctly with all procedures detailed in the Terms and Conditions Handbook regarding attendance.
- Plan and conduct performance reviews in line with company guidelines.
- Accountable for windows and shop floor commerciality and adhering to VM guidelines and standards.
- Maintain the highest levels of presentation, cleanliness and staff appearance in line with brand expectations.
- Ensure Health and Safety regulations are being met within the store.
- Attend regular training sessions on seasonal product launches to build up to date product knowledge and filtered to the team.
- Develop and maintain customer information to build the database and encourage customer loyalty.
- Ensure all available stock is on the shop floor and chase up replenishments.
- Respond effectively to customer questions and resolve issues on the floor.
- Ensure security procedures are followed to prevent stock loss such as RFID tagging.
- Ensure all stock is ticketed correctly and conforms to VM standards.
- Adhere to all correct policies and procedures regarding back office, tills and banking as set out in the company Procedure Manual, train team members accordingly.
- Maintain accurate employee files in line with company policy.
- Provide all relevant documentation to Payroll.
- Ensure payroll is carried out correctly by Finance.
- Flagship Store Manager with at least 2 years’ store management experience.
- Luxury or contemporary fashion experience essential.
- Eloquent and well-spoken, additional language skills an advantage.
- Results driven.
- Thorough understanding and management of budgets.
- Experience setting and implementing store and individual KPI targets.
- Ability to drive the delivery of a first-class customer experience representative of a contemporary luxury brand.
- Flexible to accommodate retail schedules such as weekends, evenings and peak trade periods.
- Proven experience building long-term customer relationships.
- A self-starter who takes the initiative and prefers a light touch management style.