Dual-Site Store Manager
The Dual-Site Store Manager is responsible for effectively managing the London flagship and Hampstead store for this fast-growing contemporary luxury womenswear retailer. The objective is to establish protocol, drive business and consistently increase annual turnover in line with targets through exceptional clienteling including VIP customer service, first class customer experience and brand impression, maximising sales opportunities with skilled execution of budgets, targets and objectives, leading by example effectively developing and motivating the team.
The successful Store Manager will have at least 2 years’ store management experience including dual site for a luxury or contemporary womenswear brand, combining excellent management and leadership capability with a strong fashion instinct, attention to detail and exceptional clienteling skills.
Business & Commercial Awareness
- Define, present and agree monthly and yearly sales forecasts and budgets to include expected footfall, conversion, revenue, returns and costs.
- Thorough awareness of figures including budget, targets and manager’s objectives.
- Manage staff structures in accordance with set budget.
- Set and support the delivery of store and staff sales targets and key performance indicators for the store/staff.
- Develop and maintain customer information to build the database and encourage customer loyalty.
- Propose marketing activity to maximize footfall and conversion.
- Liaise with head office on arranging regular store events and seasonal trunk shows, in order to drive sales and develop regular client contact.
- Assist and advise the Retail & Merchandising Director on the range plan and buy for the season.
- Responsible for all stock, following up sold out options with Merchandising & Admin to avoid lost sales.
- Manage KPI’s, BW reports and review bestsellers to influence VM and incentives.
- Weekly and monthly sales and stock reports to head office.
- Work with the Retail & Merchandising Director to avoid both low sell through and sold out items.
- Ensure all available stock is on the shop floor and chase up replenishments.
- Review new season’s product and feedback to the Retail & Merchandising Director to ensure expected best sellers are covered in the buy.
- Responsible for the accuracy of the EPOS and stock systems.
- Respond effectively to customer questions and resolve issues on the floor.
- Ensure security procedures are followed to prevent stock loss such as RFID tagging.
- Ensure all stock is ticketed correctly and conforms to VM standards.
Recruitment, Training & Development
- Recruit, train and develop a sales team that are able to provide first class customer service and drive sales/client development representative of a luxury brand.
- Ensure all employees are professionally inducted to the company and all policies and procedures are highlighted in alignment with the company manual.
- Implement strategic weekly training sessions to continually develop staff focusing on product knowledge, exceptional customer service and business awareness.
- Facilitate monthly staff reviews to identify further training needs and high achievers.
- Demonstrate exceptional organisation skills and commitment to the effective running of the store and management of the team.
- Lead by example and comply correctly with all procedures detailed in the Terms and Conditions Handbook regarding attendance.
- Plan and conduct performance reviews in line with company guidelines.
- Provide a positive and productive working environment.
- Consistently maintain personal grooming standards and that of the team.
- Perform effective coaching to all associates.
- Ensure team development and training is timely and ongoing.
- Write and conduct performance reviews.
- Ensure customer experience is a transformational one from start to finish.
- Meet or exceed all store customer service and satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Direct and execute store visual standards; maintain a high standard of visual presentation through regular training to maximise sales and reflect the visual aesthetics of the brand.
- Utilise visual merchandising to react to best sellers and individual business needs, to drive sales tactically and strategically.
- Notify customers regarding new product arrivals that match their preferences.
- Data capture including key customer information, recent purchases, key dates, etc.
- Communicate weekly sales results including footfall, conversion, ATV and revenue against forecast.
Health & Safety
- Include health & safety training in all staff inductions.
- Practice regular fire drills and carry out regular risk assessments as stated in the Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Ensure there is a qualified first aider.
- Adhere to all correct policies and procedures regarding back office, tills and banking as set out in the company Procedure Manual, train team members accordingly.
- Maintain accurate employee files in line with company policy.
- Provide all relevant documentation to Payroll.
- Ensure payroll is carried out correctly by Finance.
- Store Manager with at least 2 years’ store management experience including dual site management.
- Women’s Luxury or contemporary fashion experience essential.
- Articulate, eloquent and well-spoken, additional language skills an advantage.
- Results driven.
- Thorough understanding and management of budgets.
- Experience setting and implementing store and individual KPI targets.
- Ability to drive the delivery of a first-class customer experience representative of a luxury brand.
- Flexible to accommodate retail schedules such as weekends, evenings and peak trade periods.
- Proven experience looking after VIP clients.
- Proven experience building long-term customer relationships.
- A self-starter who takes the initiative and prefers a light touch management style.