- Drive store performance to achieve and exceed sales targets.
- Drive store sales through innovative approaches and techniques, drive company initiatives on client sales and client acquisition strategies as required.
- Manage store budgets and coordinate with/report to the Regional Manager on store performance.
- Minimise costs across stores through effective rota planning especially in key trading hours, utilisation of hours, overheads expense, loss prevention.
- Proactively manage relationships with Department store managers in concessions and other external stakeholders.
- Proactively manage relationships with internal departments to help achieve store targets and improve efficiencies.
- Maintain competitive awareness by continuously monitoring the competition and reacting accordingly to maintain the business advantage.
- Responsible for all operational practices of the store, making sure that your store runs smoothly and meets and exceeds targets.
- Ensure your store is kept to the highest possible standards, being well organised and properly merchandised at all times; and that all policies, procedures, and controls are followed.
- Manage loss prevention/stock control measures across all stores to ensure shrinkage is within company guidelines in order to protect company property and assets.
- Ensure your store is regularly audited for compliance with company standards and take necessary action to quickly remedy any issues .
- Take on responsibility for Company credit card (where applicable) and follow Company expense procedure.
- Ensure that your store delivers exceptional customer service to our customers- ensuring that all customer service and CRM initiatives are in place, dealing with issues quickly and taken action to improve where necessary.
- Promote all initiatives in regards to clienteling and use of Store Portal with sales associates.
- Ensure the store supports any marketing campaigns and promotions effectively.
- Make recommendations to your Regional Manager in order to grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth.
- Coach, support, motivate, encourage and develop your Assistant Manager/Supervisor and a strong team of sales associates, ensure all processes for onboarding of new personnel are followed.
- Hold daily briefings to motivate teams and update on store performance.
- Manage employee performance through effective goal/target setting and monitoring through regular 1-1s and constructive feedback.
- Responsible for the recruitment and selection of high calibre Sales Associates and Assistant Managers when necessary, in line with HR recruitment guidelines.
- Manage store employee relations issues and work with HR where appropriate.
- Provide training to store teams, following company training initiatives and ensure they are carried out to timescales required. Monitor team product knowledge and selling skills and use Company guidelines to train to address gaps in knowledge as necessary.
- Ensure all HR and payroll administration is completed accurately and on time.
- Ensure adherence by team to all Company policies and procedures.
Please note, the roles and responsibilities listed above are indicative of the position and are by no means exhaustive.